Swelling in wrists, hands, ankles and feet SEVERE PAIN 24/7
I was dx with fibromyalgia in 2005 .Switched drs in 2006. New rheumy did not think i had fibro.
Medical history....c-sections, cerivical fusion, kidney stones blasted, temp urninary stents, open right lumbar hernia repair,right kidney removed, gastric ulcers, ovarian cyst.
Fell down stairs on nov 8 06..4 steps bruised tail bone.
Fell again dec 18 06. 9 steps.
My symptoms have been slowly starting for about 5 months now...swelled up feet..not to much to worry about.
For the last 3 weeks my hands, wrist, inside of elbows, knees, ankles, feet and bottom of feet hurt SO BAD.
My hands I can hardly bend when when i awake, or my ankles or feet. My hubby has to pull me  up to walk me and get dressed etc. Its's like im contracted
I can only sleep about a hour or so if i sleep more i wake up SCREAMING THE PAIN IS SO SEVERE.
Has anyone had something happen like this before???? 10 mg of perocet, 10 mg of valium and cold packs, heat, sprays nothing takes it away. Urologist just did pelvic/ab cat scan due to having one kidney. Wanted to rule that out first. plus some blood work..
If normal then its off to the rheumy.
Im 39 and ever since I had my kidney removed everything has gone down hill. Hubby just recently went on anti-depressents because all i can do is lay on the couch. If i walk more than 10 minutes my feet blow up so bad I SCREAM...Im a active person...
I\v looked up some things like lymphedema, scardema.....SPELLINGS SORRY,its 3am
I'm so bad I'm ready to get admitted for pain control...
Anyone had this experiance or no someone who has..
Thank you HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I had fibro.as well since 1991 and last few months has swelling of hands, wrist, shoulder etc and pain as well, so bad this last week hard to sleep like your self, age 52 now. had blood test and seen Dr today to say it is Rum Art. Dr can not give Meds needed as have to see Dr in hospital to sort it out, only given stronger pain killers today to see if help, have put heat and cold on it but no good - I am on Amitriptyline two at night and told to take 3 from now on for pain and help sleep, will see how it goes and hope Dr in hospital can help. I think I have had RA longer than last few months lookinh back but was masked bu fibro. - Sue