Pain Management Community
Swelling knee due to a fall.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Swelling knee due to a fall.

I fell on the concrete (parking lot) when my clog heel met uneven pavement. Between the knee cap where the hinge area turned a blueish gray with hints of red immediately then began swelling. I have a spurts of shooting pain . I went home immediately elevating  it and icing it. Oh and wrapped it for compression.  It is however the skin is numb. why??
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
The location of your knee pain can help your doctor determine the nature and severity of your injury. A deformed and swollen knee may indicate a fracture or internal ligament tear. See an orthopaedician.He will examine you and determine if X-rays are needed or not. Take some over the counter analgesic. That may help. Do write to me again with more details.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you for your response, greatly appreciated.
I did go buy O.T.C. for pain the following morning. The compression I did, helped bring the swelling down as well. The discoloration did turn grayish and has already started diminishing. There is no discomfort while walking.
I wish you to have a Happy New Year in 2013 and MEDHELP.ORG