Thalamic pain syndrome
Hi I am just trying to find out the best and most recent ways to handle thalamic stroke pain. My father in law has been suffering for the past two years and can't seem to find anything to help the pain and tightness in his right hand and leg. It hurts him to do anything except lay in bed or sit in a chair. I know how bad he hurts because he was a man of projects prior to his stroke and now he does nothing because of the pain. thanks Donna
Hello Donnafrank and welcome to the Pain Forum.

I am so very sorry to hear of your Fathers Stroke and the pain associated with it. I have done some research for you and came across this site. I'm not sure if it will help but it's woth a try. Listed below is a good informational tool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SAFE Resources | Reading Room | "Thalamic Pain Syndrome"  The thalamic pain syndrome is a poorly understood phenomenon that occurs as a later complication of a small stroke in a very particular area of the brain ...
www.strokesafe.org/resources/thalamic_pain_syndrome.html - 15k -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take care and I hope you can find some answers.
Best regards,
Mollyrae
thank you so much i will print this out for my father in law to review