Top of the foot pain
I woke with pain between ankle and foot, I did not injure it. It is evening now and I'm ready to go to er. Could this be serious or should I just wait till morning to see doctor?
did u go to the er? is it any better  now? I suffer from major pain in my left foot on the hill & I get hard muscle knots in the arch of my foot. Like has me in tears pain. From my experience the er will only give u pills & tell u to visit your primary dr asap. Rite now I just got orders for an xray at the hospital & a referal to a pidiotrist. Not sure what to expect :( .

Best of luck to you .
My husband had similar pain in his foot and I took him to an orthopedic, they took x-rays and told h im he had a stress fracture. He didn't recall twisting it or hurting it, they put him in a walking boot and he has to go back for a followup visit in two weeks where they will repeat his e-rays and possibly do an mri if the pain is still there.