Pain Management Community
Torn Ligaments in lower leg and ankle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Torn Ligaments in lower leg and ankle?

I have been dx'd with a torn medial-Longus tendon and a frayed tendon that goes across my ankle at the tip of the femor.  I am having severe pain in my lower leg and my left foot.  I get stabbing pain intermittantly with a dull aching pain that does not stop at rest and when I put pressure on that leg.  I am very scared because even my "breakthrough" pain meds are not stopping the pain.  It helps, but it is not controlling the pain.  Does anyone have any comments that can help me understand?  Thank you so much.  Kelly
Form what you are saying, it sounds like you could have possibly torn your ligament, but could have also fractured a bone because you have said that you have taken pain relief for the pain, but is still painful and I would advise you to get it checked over at A&E as soon as possible. Hope it is nothing too serious.