Trochanteric Bursitis
     I need some advice from a doctor I have had severe pain at the top of my thigh  on the side I have been told by the hospital that it is Trochanteric Bursitis  I don't know why I got it  I have tried Naprosyn co codamol creams and lidocaine patches and I AM IN PAIN 24 7 there not much use   I  cant walk for long cant sit either sleeping is a nightmare I am slowly slipping into depression and  I am quite tearful  I have a hobby which I love making cards I have enjoyed doing this for 6 yrs as I can't go out this keeps me occupied but I cant do them anymore because of this   I  know people are worse off than me I understand that  but every one tries to cope with there problems  and I am trying to cope with mine I want to know if you can help me I have been searching on the comp and   in America they sell patches called Bursitis  which if put on  the swollen muscle draws the fluid thats causing the pain into the patch at a time  which will start to ease there 40 dollars to buy can I buy these in Britain or obtain them from  my own doctor also there is a spray  to can I get these from a chemist or something like them I think this could help if you can help to thankyou  x
Hi bowley

There are no doctors answering questions on this forum, you may want to put your post on one of the ones on the left hand side of the list of Forums page
  I wish I could offer you some adice but am not knowlegeable about your problem.

Sorry, thats right hand side, not left
thankyou for your reply