Umbilical Hernia
I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia about 6 months ago. I have not been able to get in for surgery or even a check up to see how it is today. I was just curious as to what sleeping positions are best. The most comfortable is on my stomach. When I lay on my sides it puts a lot of weight on it and causes pain and a weird feeling I can't expain. I was also wondering if a hernia can cause bloody stools and death. Ever since I was diagnosed I have had nothing but abdominal problems and it seems like new pain occurs everyday in different places. If anyone has any answers to my questions please let me know thank you!
Hey. . .

My dad lived with an umbilical hernia for years with no problems. It just really looks funny. They only fixed his hernia this year when they took out his gallbladder. It can cause a pretty wierd feeling, but otherwise it is non-lethal and shouldn't cause bloody stools. A lot of times when you don't really have anything wrong with you and you find something like that out your brain can make your body produce symptoms to mimic gastrointestinal symptoms. However, if it is bothersome, it never hurts to get checked out to be sure.
Hi Fellow Arizonian!!

I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you have found this Forum. I need for you to understand that there are NO Doctors on this Forum ONLY CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that use our own expertise and experiences in helping other CP Patients through our own CP issues.

I'm sorry about your umbilical hernia.  Did your Doctor recommend surgery for you when he diagnosed your umbilical hernia?  IF he did then you NEED to take care of that as soon as you can.  

I hope that you will check back with your Doctor and see how it's doing today especially since you are having the pains that you are experiencing.

I hope that you will keep us updated on how you are doing.....Sherry