Pain Management Community
Update

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Update

Hi Friends:  The pain has subsided a bit. That figures.  Going to the doctor tomorrow,  It's sort of like taking the car to the shop because it's making weird noised but doesn't do it at the shop!  But it's certainly not completely gone. Or forgotten.

I'm going to cook Fathers Day dinner. or at least give it my best shot!  But I am extremely weak today.  I need food!! And if I fail, I know a great little Mexican taqueria that does take out!

I will discuss this pain and weakness tomorrow with my doctor. Hopefully she'll offer a solution for me.

And to all the Dads and those who have to take Dad's place (you know who you are!!) HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!
I'm glad to hear that you've gotten a little pain relief.  I hope it continues and also hope you have a great doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Keep us posted on how things go!

Enjoy the Father's Day dinner, but try not to overdo it!
Hello my Dear Friend!

I sent you a PM.

Sending even MORE (((HUGS!!!)))...Sherry
Forget it!  I lied.  It was just a temporary reprieve.  And the car is making that rattling noise again! lol   But I will see the doctor tomorrow and hopefully will be able to contribute more here.  Right now, I have no advice for anyone with the exception of hang in there!  Help is on the way.

Thank you all for your support.  I hope to return the favor this coming week.

Special note to Sherry:  Got the brisket. rolls and slaw done but had to stop before I could get the corn on grill. (but the rolls didn't rise very well, maybe I didn't knead them well enough!)    Oh well.  Lucas chopped up watermelon in its stead.  I have a great family.
ABSOLUTELY!!

YOU ARE BLESSED!!!

Sherry
I am so glad your able to do dinner. My mom makes really good rolls, it is passed down from my sweet grandma, I can't make them to save my life so your not alone there. I hope your dr will have some good answers for you tomorrow so you can start feeling better. I hate when my car is acting up! But my hubby works on cars and trucks at his job so I always make him fix mine lol
Im not going to say hang in there or help is on the way what I am going to say is I  am thinking of you!!!
Jamie
Good luck at your appointment today.  I pray that it goes better then you expect it to.  Hopefully you will have many more days where the pain decides to subside a bit!  I'm glad you were able to enjoy your dinner for father's day.  I love brisket.  Take care, RunningMom
Good luck at your appt I will be waiting to see how it went.
Jamie
I'm not glad your pain came back, but it's sometimes easier to explain it when we're actually having it!  Isn't that always the way, though?  Pain goes away or subsides the day we have an appointment.

I'm hoping the doctor can make some adjustments to your medications to bring you some relief.  You've had a bad time of it.  Can't wait to hear what happens.

Mary
Thanks for all your good wishes.  It truly makes me humble that people would care enough to think of me.

After a long talk with the doctor, she moved me to Lortab.  I had been taking Norco.  I don't think there's a big difference but I guess I'll find out.  The strength and dosage didn't change.  She also has prescribed me Clonazepam.  2 a day for at least the next 10 days and as needed thereafter not to exceed 60 per month.  Also, provided me with some big honking patches for my tens unit.  I'm to resume using it an hour a day on my abdomen.

Right now I've taken my lortab and Clonazepam.  I am very sleepy.  So I do I'm making some sense!!  I think I'll take one half a Clonazepam for my next dosage!!

Thank you again for all your help.  I'm  hoping this combo works.  I really don't like the idea of upping medications. My adhesions are incurable.  I will be in pain management until my dying day.  If I take my meds up too much, what will be there when I really need pain for something like bone cancer or something equally painful.   They are very difficult to treat.  And this latest round is very deep inside the abdomen.  Shots and RFA won't help.  So my fingers are crossed.
Hello my Dear Friend,

I hope that this will work. The Lortab (which was what I was on for 7 years) has a higher dosage of the acetaminophen than the Norco. She must think that you can benefit from the higher dosage as it is for pain also. What dosage of this did she give you? There are many different dosages of the acetaminophen strengths. You just rest and get over the effects. You might be smart to start out with just 1/2 the dose of the Clonazepam until your system gets used to it!!  :)

I'm sending you BEST WISHES for this to be an answer for you. (((HUGS!!)))....Sherry
I take the clonazapem too, 1mg and the doctor has me taking it at night.  If yours is 1mg, try splitting it (they do split) and take a half of one and get built up to the 1mg.