Pain Management Community
Upper Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Upper Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea

I am 23 years old. I weigh right around 125lbs and do not smoke, rarely drink, and do not have kids.  On Friday night I did go out and drink, the next morning I was not only hungover but had upper abdominal pain. I just figured it was from drinking but it's been 5 days and still in pain. On Sunday it was the worst, I couldn't even move from the serious upper abdominal pain and nauseousness. I ran to the bathroom 5 times and just dry-heaved. I did eat an omelet that morning..but still didn't feel better and still dry-heaved. I noticed I started to burp a lot as well and starting having back and neck pains. (which I get from time to time) and probably has something to do with my headaches. I just found out I have low protein as well.
So today I had eggs, english muffin around 7:30am and coffee around 9:15, at 11:30 I got the abdominal pain, got very nauseous, weak, dizzy, and have back-pains. It's slowely getting better, but I still feel like I might run to the bathroom any minute...and it's been 2 hours.
There are a ton of things that can cause your symptoms - some serious, others not so serious.  Any time you have severe pain, you need to be evaluated by a doctor.  Please don't wait.  Among some of the more worrisome problems are gallbladder or pancreas trouble.  Lay off the alcohol and avoid fatty foods until you find out what's happening.