Pain Management Community
Upper Arm Muscle Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Upper Arm Muscle Pain

I am 19 years old, for a few years now every now and then I develop muscle pain in my left upper arm, it aches the same way after you get an injection. The pain is quite severe and is worst in the mornings when I wake up. It eventually spreads to my right arm and lasts for about two weeks. It's painful to do most things; lifting my arms in any direction, turning the steering wheel on my car etc. Can anyone shed some light as to what the pain I am experiencing might be? I am unsure if its just the way I sleep or if there's something else that might be wrong, I'd like an opinion before I make any appointments with my doctor incase it's nothing serious!
A detailed clinical evaluation is needed to arrive at a correct diagnosis and rule out anything that is serious. Early diagnosis is important because early treatment makes a difference.

Take care!