Pain Management Community
Upper thigh burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Upper thigh burning

I am a 45 yr old female with Diabetes. I have experienced a severe burning pain in the upper front of the thigh, at the very top of the leg. When touched lightly this pain can increase and feels like there is a small 'lump' in the area. This comes on when standing or walking for a period of time and is bad enough that I have to sit. Any suggestions would be great, thank you
Hi!
In females above 40 years it can be a symptom of menopause or premenopause. Peripheral neuropathies as in diabetes too should be looked into. Fibromyalgia is another possibility. At localized points it can also be a sign of deep vein thrombosis, especially if it is in legs and thigh. This would need a comprehensive investigation. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thank you very much