VP shunt line
How long should the line be into the abdominal pelvic area, and should the line be secured or stable in position, or is it normal for it to move around and change position (like being more coiled and looped at some times and straighter and uncoiled at others)?
Recent shunt series x-rays taken about 8 months apart show the tube in a sort of bow shape in 11/12, and quite straightened out in 7/13.
The person, my daughter who suffered a brain injury and skull & brain surgery in 2006, is quite physically active, and doesn't seem to have pain.   I do wonder if the shunt tubing & tip could be causing irritation or pressure on bladder or nerves that control bladder.  She has intermittent bladder & bowel incontinence.  Some days she can be dry most of day. Other days she could be in bathroom 4 times per hour.
Urologist says not connection.  Neurologist, PCP, and neurosurgeon won't really address the issue.
The changeable position and shape of tubing concerns me.  I hate to put my daughter through any surgery, but wonder if the line can be shortened.
Hi!
The shunt catheter into the abdomen may be coiled slightly or may be straight. If you feel it is irritating the urinary bladder then a CT scan or ultrasound of the abdomen can be done. This will show the position of the catheter with respect to other organs. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.