Very bad wrist pain
Hey guys. So for the last few days I've been having very bad pain in my left wrist whenever I try to bend it either way. Now it seems to be sore just when I'm typing, not too bad, but it is sore. It doesn't even really hurt to lift any weight, just if I bend it. Also it hurts if I press on the area with my fingers. It's not the first time I've had this pain either. I don't remember when the last time I had the pain was but I think it was a few months ago. The pain isn't unbearable, but I'm just curious as to what it might be.
Hi Menacing,

The good news is though wrist pain is annoying as well as painful, by itself it is usually is not caused by a spinal condition.

You do not mention numbness or tingling which usually means carpal tunnel syndrome.  
In CT, the median nerve is compressed, or pinched off, as it passes through the wrist joint. This causes pain in the wrist and fingers along with other symptoms.

Your pain could be related to a tendonitis. Wrist tendonitis is due to inflammation of the tendon sheath. It can come and go as you describe and either resolve on it's own or require treatment. Sometimes, RICE, rest the part, ice, some immobilization at night and elevation can improve the symptoms. NSAID's used according to label directions can reduce the inflammation. NSAID's must be used consistently for awhile to obtain their true effectiveness.

I am not a physician and the above are only my opinions and suggestions. You should always consult with your PCP. And of course there are other conditions that could be the source of your pain.

I will look forward to your updates. I hope you will let us know how you are doing. And as always please take care, Tuck