Pain Management Community
Vitamin D shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Vitamin D shots

I was diagnosed with Vitamin D3 deficiency since it turned out to be 8.8. The doctor prescribed me Vitamin D 3 shots of 600,000 I.U once a month for 3 months. I have had 2 shots up till now but every time i get the shot, i experience drowsiness for a while and then start experiencing left side and lower left abdomen pain. For a while, this pain also transferred to the right side. Is it because of the shot? Please help!
Odd reactions to shots are not unusual, especially if you have an underlying disorder that affects the nervous system. Ask your doctor to see if the dosage or timing of the D3 injections should be altered. Your comfort and quality of life during recovery from the D3 deficiency are important.