Pain Management Community
Waking up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Waking up

Hi all
I have been waking up around 4am every morning for a week with sever pains in my middle back and also my left side.
I try to turn over and change sleeping positions but it gets worse. After being up for 30 mins I feel fine all day and can move about freely.
I go to the gym twice a week and have been for the last 6 years
Tags: Pain, Back, waking
There are many things that can be wrong. Pain in your back at night is an actual medical problem call night back pain, ironic isn't it? It can be caused by many different things like degenerative disc to a sprain. It would probably be worth it for you to go to the Dr and have it checked to make sure it is nothing serious. It can make life miserable :( Best wishes, Sissie
How Long has this been going on? Do you have any other symptoms? Back and side pain can also be a sign of urinary Tract or kidney infections.  You should definitely pay a visit to your md.  If it is an infection you don't want it to get worse.  I hope you feel better soon!
It might be your mattress. Try sleeping on the couch, or in a different bed if you can, and see if your symptoms continue. I think it's recommended that you get a new mattress every 8 years, or something like that. It's worth a try! Good Luck,
             Shinty