What can cause a pain almost like a catch in your side?
On my left side when I take a deep breath there is a pain like when you've ran to much and it shoots up to under my breast any idea what can be causing it?
Hi Veronica,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry you are having pain. There are multiple reason that can be causing your discomfort.

Pain in that area can be related to your stomach, pancreas, intestinal disorders, gallbladder and much more. It is time to see your PCP for a clinical assessment. I'm guessing he/she would order some diagnostic tests to rule out and rule in disease. A HIDA scan could assist with diagnosis of gallbladder disease and there are many other non-invasive tests that can be preformed.

Others will post with their opinions and suggestions. I am hopeful that your PCP can find the cause of your pain. Please let us know how you are doing.
Take Care, Tuck