Pain Management Community
Where does my pain come from????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Where does my pain come from????

I have hip pain when I walk,when I lay down.I have low back pain.I have leg pain in my right foot the backs of my legs the insides of my legs and my knees.What is this and where is it coming from and how do I treat it?????
It is constant,everyday.I take Vicoden 7.5mil every 4 hrs as needed but they dont seem to be working much any more.Help!!!!!
Have you had an MRI done?  It doesn't sound like it from your post.  MRIs can be useful in identifying a pinch nerve from a ruptured, torn, or bulging disc.  It sounds like you are experiencing radiculopathy (or radiating pain).  Radiating pain down your legs is commonly known as sciatica.  An MRI can determine if this is what is causing your symptoms.

If the vicodin isn't working anymore for your pain, talk with your doctor about this.  There are many other pain medications out there that can help with your pain.  A combination of narcotic and non narcotic meds typically work the best for pain management.  It will help if you keep a pain journal for the days leading up to the appointment.  Document your pain level throughout the day from 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst ever.  Record pain levels in conjunction with your activity level.  For example, let's say you did the dishes and your pain level spiked and you were forced to retreat from cleaning your home because of the pain.  The purpose is to help the doctor understand what pain hinders you from doing in life that you enjoy.  This help the doctor establish that you have healthy goals from pain medication use versus unhealthy goals.  

Speak up, don't be afraid!