Pain Management Community
Whole Body Bone and Joint Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Whole Body Bone and Joint Pain

Hi everyone,

I have been having a continous bone and joint pain for about a year now. It comes and goes from time to time. But when it get worse, the pain will go from my jaw all the way down to my fingers and even toes. My whole body feels like the bones are going to crack in any seconds, and sometimes I can't even sleep at night because of the pain. I am not quite sure if it's from the joint or the bones, but it feels like both to me. Since I'm an international student in here and my insurance won't cover a 100%. I would really be appreciated if I can get some professional advices of what might be happening to me before going to the doctor...Thanks a lot!!
You may have an auto-immune issue.  Complete blood tests and a physical is required, ideally by a rheumatologist.
Hi Yan,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I worked extensively with International Students at my last position for may years. I know the challenges you face when coming to our country especially with health care.

Have you contacted your sponsoring agency? Not the one that employees you but the agency that helped you to come to the USA? They should be able to assist you in any health related issues. Also see your employer's Human Resource Department. They should be your advocate.  

You may have to begin with a local physician and than obtain a referral to a rheumatologist. Unfortunately it may depend on the insurance the agency provided for you, unless you are able to pay cash. It was an issue that many of our international students faced.

Best of luck to you. Please let me know how you are doing.

Regards,
~Tuck~