Pain Management Community
Why does my butt hurt in the morning?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Why does my butt hurt in the morning?

Everytime I wake up in the morning, my tailbone or area directly above the butt hole area hurts. Sometimes It hurts inside my left cheek, I have to stand up for long periods of time for it to go away, which is hard when your extremely tired. It only hurts for while in the morning then it goes away. The pain happens about everyother morning. I think it could be hemroids, since I used to sit directly on a carpet floor for 5+ hours straight for about 3 weeks straight (don't ask why) Please help
Tags: moring, buttholep, help, tailbone pain, butthole
dude, really? How can you not differentiate between your rectum and the muscle attached to your spine? Surely you know the difference. okay, maybe you dont want to admit it. I suspect you need a new bed. Tempupedic changed my life and my whole spine is jacked up and my name is jill, lol. sorry, couldn't help myself. I think, suspect, you need to stretch. yep what are you 30 ish? walking for 20 - 3- minutes is a fabulous way to self massage your tailbone/coxic area. aside from genetic problems, like mine, degenerative disc disease, our bodies need to be moved in differing positions. however you can accomplish that. Warm hot showers right outa bed help. ibuprofen? Cremes you rub on to eleviate pain, there is a plethora of items that help. I promise you would know if your rectum is the origin of the pain. Ever heard of the band 'the butthole surfers'? if you've been surfin you'd definitley know and it shouldn't hurt. Unless someone is abusing you. anyway, down to the bottom of the matter, the relationship of muscle tissue to boney matter = muskuloskelatal relationship needs some attention. if your not yet suffering from the skeletal pain u should work on the soft tissue ligament to make it more plyable and comliant. and sitting on the floor to install carpet isn't helping your lower region. you should consider a way to rectify that. good luck