Will these side effects stop or do I contact my Dr.?
I have recently been switched from Percocet to Opana 10mg every 6 hours.  Since starting Opana about 1 week ago, I have noticed that I have bad gas, my stomach just doesn't feel great, maybe a bit nauseous, and I seem to be a tad constipated.  I am also still experiencing pain.  Will these side effects go away or should I call my Doctor now, versus waiting till my next appointment which is about 3 weeks away?
Sorry I am tardy with my reply. I wasn't on MH much yesterday due to some personal and medical issues.

You should always consult with your physician if you have concerns about your medication. You could also talk to your pharmacist about the effects you are experiencing. A simple phone call may put your mind at ease.

Opana is Oxymorphone. It is considered more potent than oxycodone (Percocet). If I understand the equations you are taking an equal amount to 20mg of oxycodone. Sometimes our systems take awhile to adjust to a new medication. Increased constipation is normal when you increase the narcotic.Have you tried taking an OTC med like Zantac GI distress unless contraindicated? Discuss that with a pharmacist who can better direct you.

Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.
Peace,
Tuck

Hey Tuck,

Thanks for the reply...Here is something crazy, I contacted a Pharmacist to ask about the gas/constipation and he said gas was not a side effect...So I researched a bit...and everywhere I looked, Gas was listed as a side effect...go figure..thought you were supposed to be able to count on the Pharmacist since you they always ask if you have questions and are supposed to be knowledgeable...Oh well...

I'll give it a bit longer and see how things go...if they don't change, I'll call my Doc!

Thanks again!!!
Stacia
I am also on 10 mg opana for break through pain and I went throught the gas and constipation, I started drinking an entire bottle of water  with each pill. It seemed to help a little with the constipation and gas, Best of luck, I have had a really great experience with the opana and I hope you have the same.

Take Care
Babs