Pain Management Community
anal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

anal pain

I have a dull sore muscle like anal pain that is constant but made worse by pressure, whether external pressure from sitting or the internal pressure from a bowel movement.  I have made the necessarry  changes to ease bowel movements. The only way to relieve the pain is to lay down on my belly so there is no pressure on my anus and to never sit down.  The pain is bad enough that I never sit down, not even to eat.  Because of the pain from sitting I am not going out at all and avoid any kind of social situations.    I have been to 2 proctologists and neither was able to diagnose the cause. Anyone have any ideas of what my problem is or how to fix it?  Thank you
Tags: anal pain
Hi!

The pain in the anus can be due to hemorrhoids, fissures or due to infection. It could also be due to an abscess. Infected piles is another possibility. However, the proctologist would have ruled out these possibilities.

At times such a pain is due to compression of spinal nerves. Infection with herpes simplex virus can also be another cause. IBS can also cause a feeling of pressure in rectum. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral to eliminate these other causes. Take care!