Pain Management Community
appendix scar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

appendix scar

i have been having pain for six months where my appendix scar is,which was removed about five years ago.i have had scans but nothing has shown up.what could it be.i have no trouble going to the toilet..
sounds like you need to speak to a digestive doctor.
Keep me posted on what heappens.
Bella
Avatar n tn
there sending me to a pain managerment to find out where the pain is from but will keep you informed thank you
Usually pain docs just treat the pain and don't diagnose where it's coming from.  It's possible you have scar tissue in the area of the appendix surgery that is causing the problem.  Sad thing about adhesions is that they don't show up on tests.  It takes another surgery to both diagnose their presence and to cut them down.
Avatar n tn
i have seen a general surgery who thinks it could be adhesions but nothing is getting done.i am in the army but thinks are not any better they have to use nhs hospitals.waiting for a appointment to see pain docs.
sounds like you may have adhesions.
I too had surgery on my appendix and regularly experience them.
I searched for a cure/pain relief for almost 2 years with no avail but I have now found a solution which works for me.
My doctor has prescribed co-dyramol and this seems to be able to numb the pain (unlike other painkillers, which did not provide any relief) so perhaps it is worth looking into.
I hope this helps!
Sorry Dibenrezz,

This thread is two years old. I doubt the poster is still active. If you would like to reach them you can try their profile page.

Thanks for adding your information.
Tuck