Pain Management Community
are they in the same family

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

are they in the same family

are hydrocodin,percocet,roxicodone and tramadol in the same ingredients family meaning if i took a vicodin i should be okay to take a roxicodone or tramadol  because they have some of the same ingredients in them thanks for the time to whoever answers the post
You might want to post on the addiction site as I believe you should get fairly good answers there. I don't know about mixing painkillers or any drugs unless doctor approved.

I know tramadol has some sort of anti depressant properties and can be a bear to get off of from what I have read.

Be careful.
Tramadol is not in the same family. It is not considered an opiate. It does have similar actions and it is my guess it will soon be reclassified. It has NO antidepressant properties. It is prescribe for pain.

The others are all opiates. Why would you ask?

Take Care,
Tuck
Sorry, I was incorrect on the tramadol having anti depressant properties.

I should not have posted on a drug I really don't understand.  I'm glad Tuckamore caught my mistake.