arm feels strange after giving blood
I have always given blood for Medic in Tennesee.  On vacation in Atlanta, they were having a blood drive at
a convention, and I thought I would donate blood.  When the needle went into my arm, it burned really bad.
I was told that some of what they put on my arm to clean it must have gotten on the needle.  It has been 6 days
later and it feels like something is catching in my arm.  It feels like something is stuck together, and then comes
loose.  It doesn't really hurt, just feels strange.  Do I need to be concerned?  Or just give it time?
Hi Pontiac:

It's possible that they hit a nerve when drawing the blood and it's also possible that it was the cleaning solution. What ever the case, if it doesn't clear in the next week or two, please have it checked out. You kust never know what's going on.

Please take care and good luck.
Mollyrae
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry that during a good deed you were injured.

Normally blood draws are harmless and painless. However every once in awhile a nerve it struck or an invisible internal bleed can occur. In a week or so the symptoms may disappear on their own. However risks of the procedure include nerve injuries and chronic pain syndromes that can render you disabled for life according to the reading I have done of the subject.  

I suggest that you make an appointment to see your PCP. Usually a skilled surgeon specializing specifically in arm surgeries can diagnosis the condition.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates with interest.

Peace,
Tuck
That same exact thing is happening to me after donating blood 4 days ago.  Have your symptoms subsided?
This has happened to me to, I got it on the Wednesday and it still feels like its catching and it's Saturday now. It still not going away but if I keep my arm stretched out it doesn't happen as often.
I was just checking to see if there was a forum regarding this specific issue!  I had to get blood drawn for a simple life insurance purchase, and this also happened to me as well.  I don't to be alarmed, but on the other hand...should I see a doctor? It does feel like something is catching in there, and there is pain as well. Very strange, as this is something that has never happened before. I blame the old Polish woman who had no sense of humor and delighted in inflicting pain.
I had the same feeling but it went well after 2 weeks. It helps when I put ice and just compress it a lil. Mine was a tiny blood clot. It happens sometimes when they pull out the needle and the clot is form.