arm pain
I have pain in my right shoulder to my elbow. It hurts worst when i'm sleeping and raising it. It's been going on for years and all doctors do is give pain killers. I have had xrays and nothing was found. I don't play any sports and the only exercise I do is bike riding. I'm only 19. Can anybody help me?
Hi!
Arm pain in deltoid area can be due to injury, irritation, or inflammation of muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones and joints. So it could be shoulder pain or elbow pain referred to deltoid region or it can be muscle injury. It can be also be due to pinched cervical spinal nerves, diabetes or hypothyroidism. It can also be due to Scalene Myofascial Pain Syndrome, clots in deep veins, inflammation of veins or lymphatics. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined as you will need many other tests other than X-rays such as blood sugar, thyroid profile, dopplar studies, muscle enzymes, nerve conduction studies etc. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.