Pain Management Community
back and spine cracking sound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

back and spine cracking sound

hi i had this back problem for about 2yrs now,every 15 min.i stratch my back to the side i hear cracking noise,like bone cracking a round my spine.at nite when i turn in the bed and bend i hear it, everytime i  stratch
i could sit down for a min. bend the crackin noise again

This discussion is related to i have strange cracking and popping sounds in my upper spinal area when i inhale .
Hi Barbers,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your cracking. Does this cause you pain... or is the sound just troublesome?

I know ppl that have cracking knees and other joints. They have been told it's nothing to be concerned about in most cases. I assume you have consulted a physician and have obtained no answers. Is this correct?  

My only guess would be that this is actual a rubbing or slight moving of your spinal bones, are you missing cartilage in areas? Maybe bone on bone?  Again is this painful?

I encourage you to seek a second opinion if your current physician is unable to provide you with answers that are acceptable to you.

Best of luck and please let us know what you discover.

Take Care,
~Tuck