Pain Management Community
back creams lotions, for back pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

back creams lotions, for back pain

do
you know if creams/lotions that have glucosmine and capsicum, back
rub creams are good to use long term on your back, it's not like they have a drug in them, not the
capsicum cream , I know some have asprin, but no the glucosmine/capsicum cream,
does research show these creams like Capsicum, Arnica help with back pain,pain
around your  spine, I use Arnica (homeopathic) gel on my scar on my back from my microdisectomy as I get
pain at times around this area after exercise, must be due to the tissue swells.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks again Fizzy

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
356518_tn?1322267242
TMA will be back a little later and she can give you further info. I don't think the ones without aspirin will harm you but remember the Caspian creme can burn and case tenderness. The glucosamine is fine too some take it in tablet form. TMA ill help you a lot more than I can with these things. Have you tried the lidoderm patches they work for me.
Blank
356518_tn?1322267242
I meant caspian can cause redness and tenderness. Sorry for the mispelling.
I done a little research and the creams you are talking about do show they help with pain, though some have side effects...

Arnica Gel...
Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use.
SIDE EFFECTS: Redness or irritation may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.Also be very careful about using this with other skin medications or creams.

My Mom- n- law uses this super ble stuff or super stuff that has no dyes so its not blue but the same thing....She says it works really quickly. It is a little pricy she says but it is worth every penny.
"Super Blue Stuff" that has Arnica, MSM, Glucosamine, Capsicum and a bunch of herbs
Blank
Salonpas Hot patches have capsasium, stick pretty well and offer a decent level of relief.  Though it is somewhat expensive and difficult to find, Johnson & Johnson Back Plaster is also an OTC patch that seems to help me a lot.

With respect to creams, the capsacium often burns especially if your skin is already irritated.  ActivOn Backache and IcyHot PM have provided some relief though they do not fit the capsasium/gluocosamine ingredient criteria.  
Blank
So appreicate you comments
Love Fizzy
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity