Pain Management Community
blood test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

blood test

I had some blood test and after my arm was numb and stings around the arm
This actually is relatively common and usually is caused by the torniquette that they use around your arm while taking the blood sample.   They have to get them really tight so they can get your veins to pop up better.  It shoudl subside pretty quickly, but if it continues, then I would suggest checking in with your doctor.
Hi Erlen,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

You didn't comment on how long ago it was that you had the blood draw? If it was a day or two I agree that it could be from the tourniquet. If it's been a week or more, that isn't so likely.

As said, consult your Physician if this doesn't clear up.

Peace,
~Tuck
Hi Tuck, Thanks for the info my arm hurt for about a week after about ten days after the blood was drawn it burned and felt like the veins were popping out every time I lifted my arm it was weird but its better now. Thanks val
I am glad to hear that the pain is better. Watch for any changes including redness or wamth.... However I think you're past the worst of it.

You may never know what caused the problem, unfortunately!

Take Care,
~Tuck