Pain Management Community
bone spurn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

bone spurn

i had surgery done on my shoulder (bone spurn) my question is why i still feel pain specially when i move my arm  and specially when i am sleeping it hurts lot i been to physical therapy
How long ago was your sugery done?  I've had shoulder surgery twice, and it took a solid year both times before I could even think about sleeping on the affected shoulder.  The shoulder is a very complicated joint, and several people I know reported the same thing: time, time and more time.  Other than that, it's common sense for any healing injury.  Before PT, warm up the joint with moist heat; after PT cool it down with 20 minutes of ice.  Same thing for any extra physical activity you may indulge in like yard work or sports.  Judicious use of anti-inflammatory meds like Advil helps as well; although I had better results personally with Aleve.  If you've been doing a lot of PT - like several times a week - you may just need to take a break for a week or so.
Avatar n tn
i had surgery on july 07 and i have already finish physical therapy