Pain Management Community
breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

breast

I was diagnosed as having cystic breast legions i have a lot of pain, even under arm pain is that normal?
Hi Wendy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. Your post may be better suited in Woman's Health but I do have this condition and can comment on it.

Fibrocystic Breast Disease has several different titles....depending on the practitioners preference. Some physicians call them the cysts that form, lesions. I have had this for twenty years. It can be so painful that it is difficult to lie on the effected side. Yes it extends into the axillary (the cavity beneath the junction of the arm and the body). I am told and have read that this is normal for many cases.

Per my physician's directions I found giving up caffeine has been extremely helpful. Caffeine is found in many substances including chocolate. So please research it. Once I gave up all caffeine and the pain subsided I gradually added back small amounts of it. If I limit my intake I find I feel much better. This is also true for a close relative that has the same condition.

You should always consult with your PCP. I hope this has been helpful.

My Best,
~Tuck