broken hand/knuckle,dislocated finger.
has anyone punched something solid, weather it be a pole,wall,or cement? ...i recently out of anger puched a pole. not proud of it but in result of doing that my middle knuckle and back of hand became really swollen. I got home and iced it but it took couple days for the swelling to go down my middle knuckle doesn't hurt at all even tho it was huge strangley my knuckle beside my pinky finger really hurts if i bend the finger back towards my wrist the pain is unbariable! i can move it in a closed fist position and open wide i have yet gone to a doctor but i was wanting to know if someones done this before and  if its something i can let heal and within a month it be fine?
You need to find out if you broke a bone and what kind of damage was done to the soft tissues.  If a bone is broken, it'll take be longer than 4 weeks to heal, that is, if you want it to heal properly.  Time to suck it up and see your doc.  And get a proper punching bag.  :-)