Pain Management Community
burning/itchy scalp? no hair loss.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

burning/itchy scalp? no hair loss.

I had to wear a braided hairstyle to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I got it done a week before the wedding and tried keeping it in for a few days but the style was so tight and my scalp was burning/itching so bad that I wound up taking it out last sunday night. It's been almost a week since I've taken the hairstyle out but my scalp is still burning/itching extremely bad. I've checked my scalp and there are no sore/scabs and I'm not experiencing any hair loss. I've tried oiling my scalp with coconut oil and an anti-itch hair oil with tea tree oil, shea butter, and vitamin A & E in it and it didn't seem to help that much. What could be the problem and what can I do to get rid of the intense itchy and burning sensation?
You might try a cold pack or Advil for the pain and inflammation.