burning scalp
Hi,  for the last 5 days I have been experiencing burning pain on parts of my scalp its so sore and tender brushing or washing my hair causes me a lot of pain.  my doctor prescribed neurotin 300mg.  but i am unhappy taking a drug like this.  is there a medicated shampoo i could use?
Hi!
The burning pain in the scalp can be due to several causes like occipital neuralgia, cervical migraine, localized patch of dermatitis or eczema or even dandruff and even due to infection in the underlying bone.
A medicated shampoo will help only if the pain is related to dandruff. So check and see if you have dandruff, and then you can use an over the counter medicated shampoo. For dermatitis too there are lotions you can apply locally. However for other conditions you will need to take medications. Hence, a correct diagnosis is important. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.