Pain Management Community
burning sensation in my thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

burning sensation in my thigh

Hello.
I am 62 years old women. I been having a very bad burning sensation in my booth thighs. At night I even can't sleep because of pain is so bad that I can't touch my sheets or blanket. I am also having problem with my lower back due to 3 back surgery and broken screw in my back after lumbar fusion. Do you have any recommendation for me that can help me?
As you probably already know, there are no doctors on this forum, just chronic pain patients sharing their pain, helping each other with the frustrations that go along with chronic pain.  It's a wonderful group, and it's been a real lifesaver for me.

Your question struck me because nearly 11 years ago, I had the same burning sensation in my thighs.  I likened it to the feeling you get when you over-exercise muscles that haven't been used in ages.  I can remember saying to someone that I felt like I must have been doing the stairmaster or squats in my sleep.  I could hardly walk with the burning.  I ignored it of course.  At the time I had 4 kids under six, with the last a newborn.  But then I ended up with other symptoms as well.  But I can still clearly remember that burning feeling in both thighs as the beginning of it.

For me, I ended up being diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  I had a few tough years with it but it had pretty much settled down for the most part until recently.

Have you seen your primary care doctor about this?  Do you have other symptoms?  Have you talked with your surgeon or your orthopedic about the back pain?

It could be the pain in your thighs has something to do with your back, or it could be something totally different.  

Have you tried anything to alleviate the pain?  I remember when I first had it I tried a lot of OTC things and soaks in the tub, etc., but nothing seemed to work.  Over the years, I've been on different meds for the fibro.  Eventually my first flareup (which was my worst) eased up.

I think you really need to see your doctor to see if this is a new process or if it's related to your back.

Good luck, and I hope you'll post so we know what's happening with yu.