burning tongue
My tongue has had the feeling like I have burned it for 3 weeks. I ask the doctor about it and she said"I"  don't know; I will have to read about it. My tongue looks normal but it still burns: seems worse in the morning and evenings.

My tongue has been burning for three weeks.  I went to the doctor and she said she didn't know; she would have to read about it. It  looks normal and seems to be worse in the morning and evening.  What do you think might be the cause?

Hi there,
It may be possible that you are suffering from Glossodynia or burning mouth syndrome .In this condition there is a burning or tingling sensation on the tongue, lips or entire mouth. On physical examination there may be no discoloration or any visible sign. The possible causes are nutritional deficiencies, type 2 diabetes, chronic anxiety, dry mouth, Sjogrens syndrome or damaged nerves associated with taste. Patients may respond to treatment with alpha lipoic acid .This is only a possibility. A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis. Do seek second opinion and discuss this possibility. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!