Pain Management Community
can a drug test tell the difference in different type of perscriptions ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

can a drug test tell the difference in different type of perscriptions of benzodiazepines

I took a ten panel pre-employment drug test. I do have a perscription benzodiazepines. My question is I have a perscription for adavan, but I took a temazepam for anxioety the morning of the test. Will the test show which benzodiazepine I took, as I was out of adavan and my girl friend gave me one of her temazepam?
In MY opinion, the drug test WILL show EXACTLY what you have taken.  You have to be upfront with your propestive employer, when your drug test comes back positive for medication.

Honesty will prevail.

Best Wishes, Heather
Avatar n tn
Normally, no, the test will tell what type of med it is, but it isn't so specific that it tells which kind of benzo it is.
Most employer drug tests look only for general classes of drugs: opiates, benzos, etc.  It is very expensive to drill down to find the exact molecule, and most employers don't bother looking beyond a general panel for that reason.
Avatar n tn
I'm curious to know, what happened?  
No it will just show up as a benzo, they only way they can differentiate is to send it to a hospital lab and it takes about 3 weeks.  i know have had it done.
Hi jt420,

This is a very old post from 2007 and the Original Poster ONLY posted this one post and has never been back again.  :)  BUT thank you for taking the time to post!!......Sherry

no...only if its a DNA testing or a autopsy...it just show what it does benzos...opites etc...