Pain Management Community
cervical spondylosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

cervical spondylosis

I have had previous anterior cervical fusion at c5-c6 with anterior plate and screws in good position.  There is prominent ventral impression on the thecal sac centrally and to the left of c6-c7 related to a combination of spur and disc.  Predominant pathology is osseous.  There is a spinal stenosis with canal measuring 9.8 mm at c6-c7.  The canal also shows narrowing at c4-c5 secondary to spurring.  The canal measures 9.8 mm at this level.  There is a narrowing of the canal to the left at c3-c4 secondary to large spur with canal measuring 9.5 mm.  Minimal cord flattening on the left at c4-c5.  No foraminal stenosis.

Can someone please shed some light on this?  Seems to me I am gonna need to have surgery to remove some bone spurs soon.  Does this sound like I am right?
Whoever gave you this result  can tell you what to do.   Bring this result to your supervisor.  I just hope you have save money to pay the bills.
Lol.. What are you trying to say, I pretty much screwed then?  Sorry just a bit of humor there..  I am disabled due to my neck and back problems, and get disability for them.  So I guess it's a bit of a safety net if you will..   I have many disc and spur issues.  I think the correct medical term for what I suffer from is Spinal Stenosis Myelopathy.   I have a Dr. and have a follow up coming next week.  I was just being impatient...

Thanks for the response.