Pain Management Community
chronic severe myofascial pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

chronic severe myofascial pain

I'm a 32yr old female that is used to living a very active lifestyle!  I myself work in the health care field and have a physically demanding career.  Over the course of the past 5 yrs, I have experienced significantly worsening chronic myofascial pain.  I along with my wonderful phys. med. dr agree that I do not have Fibromyalgia.  The trigger points seem to almost multiply some weeks despite regular massage.  I have recently resorted to trigger injections,however know that it's a quick fix that  only lasts 1-3wks.  The pain is taking over my life!  Anyone out there use magnesium supplementation or have any other suggestions?  
Hello Sfwife,

A tardy Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I apologize for my late reply.

I am very sorry to hear about myofascial pain and diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. The journey through Chronic Pain is a tough one, regardless of your reasons for pain. My heart goes out to you.

I have not tried magnesium supplementation....but I don't have Fibro either. You are always welcome on our forum but you may want to post on our Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum. They may have more suggestions and information for you. Here is the link: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fibromyalgia---CFS/show/44

Trigger point injections do nothing for my pain though several physicians have treated me with them. However I do know how if needs when pain seems to control your life.

Have you consulted a PMP? Often they can offer other treatments which includes a consult with a PM Therapist. Learning how to deal with chronic pain so it does not rule your life is very important for all of us. Often a good PM Therapist can aid you in this area. There are times that nothing seems to be beneficial and pain does control us for a day or so. In my opinion that's a fairly normal occurrence. Getting back on track and taking control of your life in key.

Managing our pain rather then our pain managing us can be difficult but it is the ultimate goal. It should be the norm rather then the exception. A good PM Team can assist you in reaching and maintaining that goal. I hope you will consider that route.

Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates. Best of luck.

Take Care,
~Tuck