cymbalta
Hi, My doctor wants to put me on cymbalta for nerve pain that I have been having from an injury I have from 2005. It's nerve pain from a fall I took. He says it will help to calm down the nerves and signals from my brain to help with the pain. The prescription is for 30mg, 1 tab a day then increase to 2 tabs and recheck with him in a month. I'm alittle scared to take this, as I have never had to go on this kind of medicene and I'm afraid what the side effects might do. Can you tell me if this medecene is good for my kind of problem and if you think it is safe to take? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Do you have Hep C?
No I don't have Hep C.
Hello, I am currently on Cymbalta for issues with L5S1 and have a lot of pain. I started it about 3 months ago. Although it is an SSRI (helps with depression and anxiety) , they say it  also helps with low back pain. The first month I started it, I really thought I felt a difference. The pain was not completely gone, but it had let up. Now that I have been on it for 3 months I kind of feel like I hit a plateau and can't really tell if it is helping or not (for the pain). It did help with my anxiety though. I have never been diagnosed with anxiety, although I know I have always had it, but felt I could keep it under control. Now that I have been in a lot of pain, it has increased. The Cymbalta seems to help that. As far as side effects, I haven't noticed many. I was told to take it at night, because some people get tired from it. It worked opposite for me and I was up all night. Now I take it in the morning, and do not have any problems (I am usually sensitive to meds) It is very expensive too. I would try it and see how it works. If you don't like it, you can always change it to something else. Good luck, and hope this helped a little.
Hi. You posted to the Pain Management forum but somehow it ended up in the Hep C forum. You might want to try a repost to that group you might get more responses although rtjrevie's seems pretty good. All the best.