Pain Management Community
dealing with pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

dealing with pain

I just want to say I thought I was the only one is pain. Its nice too see that I am not the only one having to deal with pain and a new way of life for me
I was a very active person  till 2 years ago and a car hit me head on. I spent several months healing with a a broke back ,ribs and legs.
The doctors all say its a mircle now....yes I survived...but did I. I deal with pain every day...
I have to work to support myself and its all I can do to crawl out of bed every morning...and then I crawl home into my bed.
My friends and family think I should be just find.. I am not....I have not the energy for anything!!
Yes I survived the crash...but dealing with this pain..I somtimes wonder  if I should have!
It is easy for anyone who does not deal with pain on a daily basis to think you should be fine. They have no idea how you have to plan your life around what will hurt and how long it will take to recuperate. You survived  for a reason. I am glad I found this forum because it gives me a chance to help people. I know I may be wrong when I tell people what I think may be wrong with them but if they go to a doctor and get checked to me that is all that matters. If I can help one person avoid what I have been through by telling them my story, or give advice on how to ease their pain, that is what counts. I know a lot of people on here who deal with pain every day and I think I can safely say that any one who does not can not understand what it takes. Hang in there, Hold your head up, and tell everyone you are a survivor and they can stick it if they don't understand. Best wishes to you.

Sissie
Hi Boots,

Welcome!!! I am so glad that you found us. I felt the same way when I found this forum three years ago. I would read the posts and think, OMG I could have written those exact words. I am not happy that other ppl suffer with CP (Chronic Pain) but it is comforting to know that we are not alone.

I too was in a MVA. My little sports car was hit head on by a loaded dump truck. No one expected I would survive and after almost six months in the hospital and over 22 surgical procedures they released what the staff proclaimed to be The "Miracle."

I got the same, even from my PCP.... I should be just fine. Well I wasn't and am not fine. Unfortunately time proved what all the medical experts, but my PCP believed. I was seriously and permanently injured.

I can no longer maintain my career though I did for many years. Like you it was all I could do. Sadly I finally had to give in and apply for SSDI, which gratefully was approved in less then four months. If you qualify, Please give some thought to that possibility. My life was pure heck until I stopped trying to prove to myself I could still do anything. I so understand dragging yourself to and from your place of employment.

I felt the same way... should I have survived the crash?? .....Some days I was sorry I did ... and then ashamed of myself for feeling that way... And I survived for what..For What?? ...to live in uncontrolled and relentless pain for the remainder of my life. That was not living!  I finally took steps to change that. I hope you will too. No one should have to live in uncontrolled horrific pain. There are treatments and medications to make our lives easier. I hope you will continue to search for them. It's frustrating but don't give up.

We are here to support you. I hope you'll be active in our community. Your input, like every one's is valued. We learn much from one another.

A Survivor too... ~Tuck