Pain Management Community
difference between norco and lortab?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

good morning~ my question is this,.... i've been taking about 5 norcos per day and have this funky rash behind my ears soooo my dr. said lets switch to lortab so we did and i got BAD rash and almost blisters behind my ears felt sick to my stomach and very tired and my face broke out,,,, well the pharmacist said they are EXACTLY the same thing with the exception of the 325 mg more of tylenol..... now i stayed in this drug category because everything else makes me queasy  percs,oxy,,ect.....could there be something in this that is making me feel this way?? i think they think i am a nut case but i know what i'm feeling isn't in my head!! any answers suggestions....and i take this for osteoarthritis in my neck and back and deg disk disease.~~~~ thanx Dallas
I always thought that Lortab was 10/650 mg.  

Lortab is actually a trademark like Vicodin is.  I think most people just refer to that stregnth of pill has a Lortab and that is why it is commonly thought to only come in 10 mg form.

I believe wikipedia has a listing of the trademarks under the listing hydrocodone...it lists a few of the different brand names.

sounds like you are allergic to hydrocodone to me.  there are several different brand names for hydrocodone; i.e., Norco, Lortab, Vicodin, Lorcet, Synalgas,  just to name a few.  They all come in various strengths, Norco is most well known for the 10 mg form, but the others start at 2.5 mg going up to 10 mg.   You obviously do not do well with any narcotic pain reliever, as you said that Percocet and others made you nauseated.  You might think about Methadone, I don't think it would make you as sick as the others but it is a serious drug and very hard to get off of.  You need to speak to a pain management doctor if you do not already have one.  Good luck.
I highly doubt he had an allergic reaction. Whether you're allergic to vicodin or not, one of the most common side effects. Try taking a benadryl, or perhaps a non drowsy antihistamine for itching relief. Talk to your doctor, there are more options then oxy/percocet (which are the same thing just so you know)
My doctor explained to me that Vicodin, Lortab and Norco are one in the same.
I think the benadryl idea is a good one but I'd ask the pharmacist.  I have been taking generic lortab 10/500 for my bone spurs and degenerative disc disease for some time.  The pharamist recommended I have my doctor switch me to 10/325, which is found out is Norco, because I only have one kidney and they are finding that too much tylenol (aceptophenian) is bad for the kidneys and he was concerned.  I don't think the Norco is working as well for my neck/back pain.   My doctor said we go to oxycodone but that makes me nervous I've heard bad things about those.  He has also suggested percocet in the past but that too makes me nervous at lease on the lortab or norco I can still work on those others I don't think I would be able too.
You need somthing with no acteminophine. They make methadone 5mg tablets. Iwas on 120mg of oxy a day. and was on 60 mg of liquid methadone Ihad arash all over my body the hole time on oxy for 2 years. I got on methadone and it went away.I withdrawled of the methadone now 1 mounth clean. If you get methadone dont abuse Its withdrawl (withdrawal) is very nasty. Its an emotional roller coster you will never forget so be very carefull. Dont go over 15mg per day?