Pain Management Community
failed pain pump & neuro stimulator- what's next?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have low back pain, hip, groin, and leg pain. I had a neuro stimulator implanted 3 months ago and a pain pump 1 month ago- nothing has helped. I am groggy from the pain pump,and have urinary retention but no relief from the pain. Does anyone know what is next? Where do I go? I live near the Cleveland Clinic and made an appt with a neurosurgeon for next week. I have been told in the past I am beyond surgery... HELP! The pain is terrible.
I have something of an idea of the kind of pain you must be experiencing.  I am fused and plated from C-4 to c-7, and it took a few years of major weightlifting to get past the pain.  My pain issues now are due to an entirely different abdominaly issue.  

For one moment, assume that there is nothing else physically that can be done for you.  No surgery, no pain med will touch your pain.  What will you do?  You have to find a way to live with this pain, and it's not easy.  Me?  I've been seeing a pain psychologist and learned some really great techniques to get through those "I want to die NOW" days.  Have you seen one yet?

Dealing with chronic pain is as much mental as physical.  Why not treat both?