Pain Management Community
finding the right fit for the problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

finding the right fit for the problem

Pain, then 2 wrecks, more pain, one MRI shows: Mild multilevel degeneratvie changes in he lumbar spine without significant spinal canal stenosis. Mild right neural foramen narrowing at l3-4 level. There is multilevel discogenic degenerative changes with type I Modic endplate degenerative change at the l3-4 level. NOW, this is the impression, but they do'tn mention disks at l3-4 are decreased in height. l4-5 disk is minimally bulged. The spinal canal looks good. l3-4 there is disc bulge, mild facet hypertrophic change so...

I know the c spine is bad but, because I had a whiplash the first time, they wont really even look at it. And I would suspect, if my upper spine is unhappy and my lower is unhappy are degrading the rest might be.

I take tramadol x4... a very good drug. I also use robaxon with it x4. I was initially given pain meds/codeine but my clinic stopped prescribing. Went to a pain clinic which was a joke he gave mobid and flexiril. DO NOT take flexiril and tramadol if you have any history of epilepsy, read insert.

I was sent to the second pain clinic, she gives steriod shots and some locals but I dont like the idea of steriods, although she says it will last 3 months, and I must have a ride home. Does it mess u up?

So in the mean time I am freaking out because I have no pain medicine. And really dont know anyone who will prescribe it. I am going to the chiropractor daily for waterbed and adjustment. Friday I had my first... oh.. where they   stretch you...traction...

Before the accident I was taking pain meds x3 with the above. It was working where my quality of life was good. I do stretching exercises every morning. I think I will try the neuro meds I have used them before for my crawling leg pain at night, it did not help. Any suggestions. It seems I have to fight to convince anyone I have pain and need something for it. I need an advocate...lol