Pain Management Community
finding the right fit for the problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

finding the right fit for the problem

Pain, then 2 wrecks, more pain, one MRI shows: Mild multilevel degeneratvie changes in he lumbar spine without significant spinal canal stenosis. Mild right neural foramen narrowing at l3-4 level. There is multilevel discogenic degenerative changes with type I Modic endplate degenerative change at the l3-4 level. NOW, this is the impression, but they do'tn mention disks at l3-4 are decreased in height. l4-5 disk is minimally bulged. The spinal canal looks good. l3-4 there is disc bulge, mild facet hypertrophic change so...

I know the c spine is bad but, because I had a whiplash the first time, they wont really even look at it. And I would suspect, if my upper spine is unhappy and my lower is unhappy are degrading the rest might be.

I take tramadol x4... a very good drug. I also use robaxon with it x4. I was initially given pain meds/codeine but my clinic stopped prescribing. Went to a pain clinic which was a joke he gave mobid and flexiril. DO NOT take flexiril and tramadol if you have any history of epilepsy, read insert.

I was sent to the second pain clinic, she gives steriod shots and some locals but I dont like the idea of steriods, although she says it will last 3 months, and I must have a ride home. Does it mess u up?

So in the mean time I am freaking out because I have no pain medicine. And really dont know anyone who will prescribe it. I am going to the chiropractor daily for waterbed and adjustment. Friday I had my first... oh.. where they   stretch you...traction...

Before the accident I was taking pain meds x3 with the above. It was working where my quality of life was good. I do stretching exercises every morning. I think I will try the neuro meds I have used them before for my crawling leg pain at night, it did not help. Any suggestions. It seems I have to fight to convince anyone I have pain and need something for it. I need an advocate...lol
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank