getting off pain pills
I took my last one and have no way of getting more, but I am tired of these pain pill running my..I am very scared and hope it won't be too long before I feel better ..Any advice to make detox better...I don't want anyone to know, I am ver ashamed, Please help m
you would need to go to ur dr as there is noway u could do this on ur own it would b far to hard , u should not feel ashamed as u have took the 1st stop and took ur last pill , but u cant do it on ur own x
Please post on the substance abuse forum here; it is a wonderful support.  Lots of help in getting off pain meds and also tips on making withdrawal easier.  Are you abusing your meds or just tired of being on them?  How will you deal with your pain when you come off them?  I am not addicted but hated being on meds and came off totally without much help from the doctor.  I had to go back on narcotics recently because my blood pressure was way too high due to the pain.  If your doctor is supportive, there are meds to make detoxing more comfortable.
I am in a lot of pain, and I do have medical issues, but when i am off the pills I actually do better because I exercise drink lots of water and eat better..The pills give me lots of energy and I do much more than I should..I have been taking pain pills off and on for at least 8 years, but I have noticed that the last two years I take much more than I am suppose to, I even steal them from a friend, some friend I am...I am so ashamed..I don't want these drugs to rule my life anymore...I have too much to live for...I hope I am making sense..Thanks for writing back..This is my first full day and I feel very tired and depressed and acky..I am taking Advil..I have had two of those today and a little diarrhea
Me again, how do I get on the substance abuse..I am not very computer literate
ok   so come to the place where you posted this question and then look at my answer.  Now look to the right side and see the "Related Forums" box? And "addiction:substance abuse! "and click on that sucker and there you are. OK?   and please Stop being ashamed---you are in major PAIN---OK? We do what we have to sometimes to stop the PAIN. OK? no need to feel such guilt. gety busy finding some relief and post back denise.   omhome
I got it , thank you so much..Your post this morning is already helping..I realize that I need God and  friends like here that is going through the same thing...
I am on day two, really hard, I went for an almost two mile walk this morning...came home and layed down on the couch..I have the runs and I am hurting and very tired, but I have to leave and do some stuff today..Thanks..