Pain Management Community
having widespread muscle pain..fusion in 3 weeks.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

having widespread muscle pain..fusion in 3 weeks.

i have had chronic back pain for over 10 years (Degenerative, spondylosis, spinal stenosis).  i am 30 years old.  i have finally decided on a fusion of L4-5 L5-S1.  i have done everything by the book and have been the perfect patient...so says my doctors.  at the beginning of july, i had started to have joint pain, mostly in the morning, but still felt throughout the day.  gradually i now have severe joint pain and widespread muscle pain all day. i just started fentanyl 2@25mg for 3 days and percosets for breakthrough, 1 1/2 soma, lexapro and ibubrofen everyday.  the back pain with med's is tolerable but this muscle and joint pain is unbearable.  everyone claims it is my back, but i have been with my back pain for so long and never had any pains like this.  everything about me says something is wrong.  so i did lab work.  no thyroid or rhymatoid arthritis.  i am looking for anyone that could have possibly had the same symptoms.  it feels like i did the roughest workout everyday, yet i cannot exercise yet.  every single muscle hurts from my neck to my toes.  loosing hope.  due for fusion in september and want to know what is wrong with my body first...any help is appreciated.  thanks.