Pain Management Community
headache for 3 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

headache for 3 days

IM HAVING HEADACHES FOR 3 DAYS IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD AND MY NECK IS VERY TENSE
Hi!  Welcome to the pain management forum.  While we're not doctors, we do have a lot of experience on this forum.  We offer support and advise based on on our own experience.

Without a little more information, such as have you had an injury or has this happened before, there's not a lot I can tell you.

If I were you, I'd get a shoulder and neck massage.  You can also try some heat and OTC medications such as Ibuprofen.  If it doesn't get better fairly soon, I'd see a doctor to rule out cervical neck problems. I have neck problems and get headaches right where you're describing.  So I get injections that make them disappear like magic!  Doesn't work that way for everyone.

So stick around.  I'm sure that someone will be along with better advice than mine.  And welcome to our forum.

Sara