heart palpatations
I am 19 years old and i have been active by playing sports throughout life so far and i have a job that requires a lot of movement. i dont eat the healthiest but i consider myself to be in okay shape. About a year ago i started getting very sharp pains in my heart to the point where i cant breth to deep or its feels much worse. i cant really talk much because that requires me to take deeper breaths. when this happens i become very tired feeling and i sometimes have to lay down and put my hands on my chest and try to rub it and sort of distract myself from the pain. During the worst moments of this my left are will get weaker then usual and sometimes will hurt especially in my shoulder. it happens at the most random times.  now i have gone to the doctors and had tests taken and he sais its just heart palpatations and that they are really harmless. he also prescribed me anxiety medication believing it may be related to that. but sometimes even when i am nervous about something it wont happen. i knowat my age heart attacks are not possible or very very rare so im not saying thats what it could be, and i believe my doctor i would just like some other input from anyone willing. so just let me know what you think.
Hi there, I'm not a dr or nurse so my medical advice on this matter is very limited, however I would strongly suggest you get a 2nd opinion from a dr who you feel comfortable with. Even if it turns out to be nothing serious you still need to be confident that the right tests have been done and that something bad is unlikely to happen.
I also had chest pains in my teens and was also very fit(apart from back problems). My pains dissappeared with time, but i'm not suggesting you just wait n see.
better to be safe than sorry.
Just one other thing. try to improve your diet. When you get older you'll wish that you treated your body better when you were young.
best of luck to you

Nick
i might try to get a 2nd opinion. thank you for your imput
I also have heart palpitations, although they sound less severe than yours. I've been told it's because the top and bottom parts of my heart don't always beat in sync, and sometimes I'll have to catch my breath when it happens.

What I have is normal, and I've had it since birth. Since you have pain it could be more serious though.
Hey Nick,
  Your heart is a muscle and needs certain electrolytes to act normal. So, making sure you eat enough potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous is a good thing. Also, if you feel your heart being irregular try and do a couple quick forceful coughs to get it back in sync. I hope you have had an EKG, stress test, and lab work at your doctor's office.
Also, if you are anxious, then yoga or walking is better than sitting around worrying.