Pain Management Community
help find pain medicine doc in birmingham alabama

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

i have medicaid and am in severe need of a good pain - medicine doctor, that believes in making ones quality of life worth living i live in birmingham ,alabama, and cant seem to find a good( pain specialists )i need help soon im suffering as im sure you all can relate  i have bulging disc in my l 4, l5, l6,and in my neck in my l1, l2 ,plus three collapsed disc please someone help me find a good pain, doc i just believe that i can get by ,on long term pain meds! and breakthrough pain meds! without having to revert to surgery that fails 50% of the time im also only 41 so i would rather take the meds until i have no other choice!
Hi stevethebull,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through!!  You have DEFINITELY suffered and I HOPE that you can find the relief that you DESERVE!!

UNFORTUNATELY, we DON'T give out PM Pain Management) Doctor OR Clinic information on this Forum. :{  What MIGHT work for me MIGHT not work for others.  That's why we DON'T do this on MH.  

I would suggest that you look on the internet {that's what we ALL do} and see which ones are in YOUR area and call and see which one you would like.

When you find a PM Doctor, you MUST be willing to try whatever they think will help you.  IF you don't try the treatments that your Doctor wants you to try, then chances are you will be dismissed.  That's just the way the PM Clinics and Doctors work.  They WILL try EVERYTHING they can to treat you so that you don't have to be on the Pain Medications any longer than is necessary.  This can mean anything from ESI {Epidural Steroid Injections} to RFA {Radio Frequency Ablation} and some will say surgery. Is that what happened to you?  I'm assuming from what you say, that you HAVE been to SOME PM Doctor or Clinics and they wouldn't give you meds BUT wanted you to do surgery instead. Am I correct?  OR did I read it wrong?

I WISH you luck in your search and I KNOW that you WILL find a GREAT fit for you!!

PLEASE let us know what you discover.   I'll be looking for you update.

BEST Wishes................Sherry  :)