help for pain
Let me introduce myself. My name is Traci. I am a new member to this forum. I have chronic back pain & fibromyalgia. What I a really need is some advice on controlling my pain. I have had injections with no help at all. Doctors do not seem to have any help for the Fybromyalgia. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. My life feels like hell on earth. Please help0
I was very skeptical, but acupuncture has been a great help to me. The number one thing (beside prayer) is walking or jogging for at least 20 minutes a day. It's amazing how a strong mind will help. Do some careful stretching, and use OTC pain killers as needed. Praying for you!
I agree with the stretching and walking. It is true that a body in motion stays in motion.  It is hard, though, with the FM.  I have found some relief with the cymbalta for the FM. But, I also take other meds such as anti-inflam and muscle relaxants for arthitis and spinal problems, so I dont know if the cymbalta itself is helping with the FM, or if it is the combination of meds. I still have flare-ups of FM, but not as bad. From what I've seen, there isnt one thing that seems to be helpful for the FM. Everyone seems to have a med or combo of meds that helps for them.  Good luck.
Hi Traci,

Welcome to our Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. I am always saddened to hear of ppl that have chronic pain that is not controlled. My heart goes out to you.

There are multiple medications that can help ease the pain of Fibro. It takes a concerned and compassionate physician to treat chronic pain. A good physician will usually do a trial and error of medications and treatments until they find a combination that is effective.  If your physician is not doing so, please find one that will.

Some states differ as to who treats chronic pain. In Wisconsin it is our PCPs. In many other states it is a PMP. Have you consulted a PMP? If not you may want to consider asking for a referral. Life is too short to struggle through it with unmanaged pain.

You are always welcome here. We are here to offer our support and suggestions. However you may also want to post on our Fibromyalgia Forum. There are many others that suffer with Fibro, even on this forum...but it can't hurt to post on both. Here's the link:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fibromyalgia---CFS/show/44

I will look forward to hearing from you again soon. Please keep in touch.

Take Care,
~Tuck
I have tried the fibromyalgia link and have found that there are hardly any posts & they are all old.