Pain Management Community
help in finding a compassionate pain doctor in or around philadelphia p...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

help in finding a compassionate pain doctor in or around philadelphia pa area

for over 13 years i was treating with a pain mgmt doctor for a list of problems: diagnosed hiv+ after becoming pregnant and finding out fiance used iv drugs before we met and contracted it from him sexually. he then beat me -he died in 1995 but i was in 2 car accidents, fell on black ice and had bad slip and fall at part time job and i have been fighting to stay alive since 1989 hiv+ diagnosis and deal with chronic pain which my pain doctor has had me stable yet i was told in feb 2010 that she left. her boss is not a pain doctor and told me he could no longer help me (he did twice)

since the whole thing of celebrities abusing drugs (michael jackson, anna nicole smith ) and teens snorting/abusing them....pain doctors are afraid to help anyone especially when they use medications and i know there are some good doctors that will help those of us in real pain but CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OR TELL ME OF A FEW so I do not HAVE TO DOCTOR SHOP i live in Philadelphia, PA but will travel an hour or so to get to one.

thank you and god bless for your help
     I am so sorry you have been through so much! Your really a strong person to have endured so much in your life.
I do not know of any doctors in that area at all. Some of the other members may be able to help you though.
It is generally slow on weekend's so do not give up:)
thank you for a response! this is my first time on the internet and i pray God will find someone to help me !